What’s it like to work at DeveloperTown?
At DeveloperTown, we take pride in creating a fun and dynamic workplace where everyone has a
voice in shaping the company culture, defining the technology stack, and choosing internal startup projects.
We are a team of talented developers and crafty designers that work together in small teams to help local
entrepreneurs define their startups and put it on the map. At the same time, we strive to provide a home away
from home where our townies can freely exchange ideas, share experiences, and expand their own business.
This is your chance to claim residency at one of the most
entrepreneurial and innovative companies Indianapolis has to offer.
What Townie Talent are we currently looking to discover?
DeveloperTown is seeking a Visual Designer and Software Developer
looking to make a serious impact on technology startups in Indianapolis.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a face-paced environment. The candidate is a problem solver, quick learner,
self starter, and understands the basic principles of end-to-end user experience design.
As a part of our Design Team, the candidate will design the visual and interactive elements for web,
smartphone, and tablet interfaces for DeveloperTown Startup Companies and external clients.
To be successful, the candidate will be a truly talented designer that can quickly create visually
engaging mockups, final artwork for user-friendly interfaces, and brand-consistent web and mobile
- • 2+ years in web and interactive design.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts or equivalent work experience.
- • Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite ( Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver), Omni Graffle Pro, and related software.
- • Experience with HTML, XHTML, and CSS.
- • Possess an online portfolio or samples of web-based graphic design projects, with reference clients.
- • Create visually engaging composition mockups and all final artwork for web and mobile interfaces.
- • Collaborate in concept development and design ideation with business and technical managers.
- • Work closely with client to understand design objects and deliverables.
- • Provide creative direction to the implementation team.
- • Participate in discussions around minimal viable product..
- • Develop and maintain branding guidelines for clients including logos, colors, fonts, images, ect…
- • Passionate about utilizing creative ability to build new and innovative companies.
- • Excellent communication skills and knowledge in UI/UX and web design best practices.
- • Ability to work well under pressure without detailed direction and meet short notice deadlines.
- • Ability to handle multiple projects and excellent at task-management.
- • Ability to code and implement HTML, XHTML, and CSS.
- • Experience working with a CMS (WordPress).
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume and online portfolio to: celeste(at)developertown.com
We are seeking a software developer with an entrepreneurial spirit who loves and lives to code. The ideal candidate
is passionate about their work, and the success of internal and external startup projects.
• A technical leader, an early adopter of technology.
• Critical thinker, ready to debate the merits of technology approaches, application designs, and business plans.
• Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership on internal and client startups.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on details.
• Passionate about creating innovative products for software startups.
• You are always learning, and perhaps looking to level up your game.
• An architect who never loses sight of the user experience.
• A good steward of our clients’ time.
• You come motivated to make our company, community, and world more enjoyable and more efficient.
If you feel you are a good fit to the team please contact us at email@example.com